9/17/11
The Magic of Disney
I've always loved Disney. I was raised on it, literally.
My Dad is such a Disney freak, we've gone to one of the Disney Parks every single year. Most of my childhood memories are tied to a Disney movie, a Disney toy, a Disney ride. You're probably getting tired of seeing 'Disney' in this post, aren't you? XD
To me, Disney is full of childhood innocence and the magic of real life, only better. Many people see this as 'childish' or 'unrealistic'.
But I choose to wish upon a star, rather then face the harsh reality of the world I live in. Why should I dwell on the latest disaster or political disgrace, when Neverland; The place where you never grow up, is calling me from my window.
So close is Cinderella's sparkling ball, just a pumpkin ride away.
So close is the simple life of Bambi and his quiet forest.
So close to the adventurous life of Rapunzel and Flynn.
Soooo close to Never Neverland.............
It's all so close, and yet I find myself having a hard time getting there. So it's as much as I can do just to sit and enjoy a classic Disney cartoon and focus on the beauty of fairytales and innocent fantasy.
As Alice sings: " In my world.... All the flowers would have very extra special powers. They would sit and talk to me for hours
when I'm lonely in a world of my own."
Walt Disney is one of my all time heroes. The whole reason he made Disneyland was so that families could come and have fun together. Even today, Disney devotes itself to the happiness of children and the family ideal. "To all who come to this happy place...Welcome! From the minute you step into a Disney park, the worries and restrictions of life fade away, and you remember what it was like to be a kid again.
To me, Disney is the belief in the things unseen. The overcoming power of love and friendship. Everyone can make a difference, no matter how small. You can achieve your dreams. The everyday hero exists. You can be a princess, a pirate, an animal in the forest or on the plains of Africa, you can be a fairy, a hero, a racecar driver, a mermaid or just....yourself. Disney teaches us many lessons, and many people forget...They forget, surrounded by tragedies and everyday worries, of how wonderful it is to return to your childhood.
"The past can hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it." - The Lion King
"A dream is a wish your heart makes" - Cinderella
"Its kinda fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
"Keep your chin up, someday there will be happiness again" - Robin Hood
"In dreams you lose your heartaches." - Cinderella
"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you.
If your heart is in your dreams
No request is too extreme.
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true." - Pinnochio
So me? I choose to believe in the magic of Disney. It's there. It exists I'll continue to turn to the lasting innocence of times gone by when I'm in a need of a little pick-me-up. I hope you remember that too. Never lose hope for the future...
Hakuna Matata, baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
What a fantastic essay!
Post a Comment