free counters

10/29/12

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright haul

I BOUGHT MY VERY FIRST BRAND DRESSES!!!!!

Okay, little backstory.

First off; Baby the Stars Shine Bright is one of my favorite Lolita fashion brands. ( Here's the link, if you would like to check out what they have. Just click the 'Shopping' tab, and it should go there. )
And they have about 5 'Fairytale prints' as I call them. These prints consist of:

Sleeping Beauty


Cinderella Jewelry
 
Rapunzel
 
Sweet Princess Jewelry (Which I suspect is Snow White )
 
And their newest addition: The Snow Queen
 
 
(In case you're wondering, the prints usually come in three styles: One piece dress, Jumperskirt or Skirt. I've provided all different examples for you. )

So, anyway... I fell in love with the Snow Queen dress, although I had already been in love with Cinderella Jewelry for about two years now. I had planned on buying it, but at the time, it was just too much money for me to spend. (Now I have a better paying job and I can afford it. =w= )
But as soon as I was about to buy it, I found out that BABY only makes ONE size in everything. And this is a Japanese size.
Now as you can imagine, me with my German roots and all that, as well as being an American... Would NEVER fit into that dress even if I tried. -sigh- So I had given up all hope of ever collecting these wonderful prints. OTL

BUT! I did end up calling the San Francisco store (The only American BTSSB store there is. ) and talking to them about it. She said that I had to place an order, and whatever I wanted they could send it to me.
So I found out what they had at the store, which was Sweet Jewelry Princess in Ivory:
I placed an order, and asked them if they could also order a blue Snow Queen skirt whenever they got a shipment in. Turns out, they remembered me when they found out that the blue skirt was available on the site. And THEY PUT IT IN MY CART FOR ME! :D ♥ ♥ So I got TWO of my dream prints at one time, and they are going to be my very FIRST brand dresses EVER! I'm sooooo excited to get them and I can't wait to show you what they look like up close and personal when they arrive.

Until then, stay tuned! And thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

YAY! I think there's a baby store in New York, isn't there?