free counters

7/8/11

AP, 3/15/09, Anime con #2

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! A&G Ohio 2009!!! The A in A&G refers to Anime, and the G refers to gaming. There are always 2 or 3 rooms of video game tournaments going on 24 hours a day for the entire weekend. (Eeek! Scary videogame freaks!! >0<) The game, anime screening, and con ops rooms were down a hallway. In the big (fancy) lobby was the noise room, and the doorway to the main events also the dealer's room. And down the other hallway were the two panel rooms. Ah, so much fun!!! ^0^




Hanon and Luchia hit the con!



Gwen's Luchia and I'm Hanon from Mermaid Melody. Gwen's mom made her costume, and this is the one I wore for Sugoicon. Anyway, we went to some AMAZING workshops.


There was a workshop about beginning cosplay. All about how to make the props and sew things together...how to find and take care of wigs...how to style wigs and the like. Our hosts were Spike and Feya from Cowboy Bebop, and then the guest, Yaya Han. SOOOOO FUUUUUNNN!!!!



(Guests note: There were four guests, but I only saw two.

Richard Epcar
Yaya Han
Steve Blume
and Ellyn Stern)



Hanon, Luchia, Amu Hinamori and Yaya!! Shugo Chara meets Mermaid Melody!!

Day 2! (This was the longest and buisiest day of the con.)


POCKY!!!!







Luchia (AKA Gwen) had a band contest in the morning, and didn't come to the con until later. But on this day, I went as Amulet Clover from Shugo Chara. Aren't I kawaii?? (cute...kawaii means cute...)

I entered the Artist's Draw Off. There were 3 rounds. The judges choose random words out of a hat and combine them. Then, the artists draw a picture representing those words. Each round has two winners. The winners got to choose a manga book or anime video. Round one was "Sailor Moon", "dangerous", and "magic girls vs ninja". Yikes! Mom said she was all nervous....But when I let my creative artist juices flow, here's what I came up with...


First round...
===>
...I didn't win. The second round was..."animals" and "kimonos". Here's my Japanese Fox...


I didn't win this time either. The third round was the Shakespeare quote, "That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.". Here's my WINNING picture...


I won an anime called Chobits. But when I got home and watched it. It had sexual content IN THE FIRST EPISODE!! So (don't watch it) I had to hand it off to mom to sell on Ebay.....My free anime didn't work out. Maaaaannn, I wish I could win free anime of my choice every time I drew something....


So anyway, Luchia finally showed up and THE ANIME CON JUNKIES RIDE AGAIN!!


So I guess I should put up some pictures of the people we saw...well, here's Link. (in gold armor. He's from The Legend of Zelda video games for those of you who don't know..)

And then, there's Sheik. (also from TLOZ. Her costume was REALLY good! Every detail in place...actually, so was Link...)
There was an anime musical. They used an anime called Resident Evil and put on a funny musical as the characters. It was very cool. I would have put a picture up, but...sadly, I have none. So sad...
And then all the Shugo Chara cosplayers got together and had a picture. awwwwww...
Oh yes, and (to commemorate Gwen's first anime con.) We got to get a professional kimono picture together. It was funny. Since my dress was so poofy, they had to tie it down with a couple tape measures, and fold the kimono over it. Ha ha!


Traditional kimono girls...



Modern Japanese girls!


And then!! THE MAIN EVENT!!! Cosplay judging!! There were four judges..including Yaya Han. Here they are...

They inspect the costume, and ask questions about how it was made. You also provide a reference picture of the character you're portraying. They judge on quality of craftsmanship, imaginative use of materials, accurate interpretation of the character, how the costume fits, how much of the costume is hand made, and detailing.


And GUESS WHAT???!!! I won a Judge's Award for best craftsmanship and interpretation!!!! ( that means the costume was well made and we did a good job making it look like the anime without going overboard!) I DIDN'T GET BEATEN OUT BY A DOG!!!! YAAAAAAAHHHH!!!


We went shopping in the Dealer's Room. Me and Gwen picked up some cool "stuff"....key chains, posters, japanese snacks...etc. Along the way, we got more pics of cool costumes. I got a Kilala plushie, a neko girl wall scroll, panda snacks, Japanese soda, and an Iruka key chain. (I also got some presents for a certain someone! Kee hee hee)
Day 3: (The last day of the con! *crys*)
Nothing really happened on this day. Everyone was packing up and leaving so we just went to one panel and said goodbye till next year! (I have fox ears and Gwen got cat ears...matching of course) You can see we're both tired out from so much fun! See you next year A&G!!


No comments: